Located off The Swamp Rabbit Trail in Greenville County, SC, is the The Travelers Rest Farmers Market, a charming seasonal market overflowing with colorful and ripe seasonal produce, flavorful meats and herbs, and locally sourced honey. The non-profit market is also a showcase for local artisans and their craft – from woodworkers to pottery makers and apothecaries.
The market is open every Saturday 8:30 am to noon from May 1st through Saturday, September 18th at Trailblazers Park. In addition to the sixty+ vendors that showcase their products throughout the season, there is also live music, fun family events, and food trucks for an all day fun day-trip!
Aside from the May 1st kick off event, there are a few special events planned for the 2021 Summer season:
- July 3rd: Kids Bike parade
- Yes, the market will be in full swing but in addition, from 10:30am to 11:30am, children are welcomed to come dressed patriotic (and the bike decorated as well!) for a fun bike parade. Did we mention the free ice cream courtesy of the Mayor’s Office?
- July 31: Try out the best of southern tomato sandwiches!
- August 28th: Folk Craft Day. Add some southern flair to your home with unique, handcrafted decor, art, jewelry, linens and more from local talented artists.
- September 18th: Season Finale AND the Apple Festival. With the apple harvest ready to enjoy, it’s a finale celebrating all things apple! It’s our FAVORITE event of the season! Apple turnover anyone? Cider? BUTTER? 😍
This year there are a few new vendors to check out.
- Dark Spore Mushrooms – Try out a new variety of mushroom you’ve never tasted. They not only provide shiitake and reishi, but also more unique varieties foodies will love such as lion’s mane.
- Field and Forage Farms
- Harp and Shamrock Croft – Produce, soap, eggs, meat, goat cheese & more
- Maurice’s Rare Tomato Garden
To learn more about vendors that will be out and about at this year’s market, click here.
The market is a great place to not only meet your neighbors and learn more about what our local area produces, but to try new things – make a recipe with new ingredients available at the market, taste some artisan cheese, or pick up a beautiful lap harp and learn to play a tune. Regardless of what you are looking for, or even if just for a day out and about, the Travelers Rest Farmers Market is certainly worth a stop!